Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nothing quite as vibrant as tulips and the first blossoms of spring!

April 19, 2012--I love the color...





I have three members of the Fritiallaria family in my yard; the Imperialis or Crown Imperial, red and yellow...





The Fritillaria Persica has quite a different look...


The Eastern Red Bud is one of my favorite trees...

The flower on the Bleeding Heart is another one that does not like frost; so far so good this year...

The plant with the strange looking shoots that I posted earlier is now about 2 feet tall.  In another month it will put on a flower resembling the Calla Lily (it is also a member of the Arum family), dark purple, nearly black and in some cases will measure over 12"...

Just for fun I've planted mini herb gardens.  Someone might like to grow their own herbs...

For me there is nothing as therapudic as gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment